Things to see and do in Port Fairy
Port Fairy and surrounds offers a lot to do whilst visiting the area. There are several things that we feel are a must if you have the opportunity PLUS there are many other options if they are your cup of tea!
Top Ten List
- Walk along the wharf which is only minute’s walk from Seacombe House.
- Attend the Port Fairy Folk Festival: renowned for the music artists that attend.
- Learn to surf at one of the many beaches surrounding Port Fairy.
- Take a walk through Tower Hill Game reserve. Look out for the kangaroos and emus wandering the park.
- Shop till you drop at the many boutique shops spread amongst the township. Artwork, clothing, footwear and much more can be found.
- Take a drive down the Great Ocean Road and visit the 12 Apostles, Londown Bridge and other amazing coastal features.
- Grab some fish n chips, sit by the water and enjoy the relaxing atmosphere of Port Fairy.
- Dine in or out at some of the most popular food places in the South West. Whether it’s pizza to fine dining, you are sure to be pleased.
- During the day enjoy a coffee and cake and watch the world go by sitting at one of the several cafes.
- Enjoy a day at the beach, body surfing, sun baking and building sand castle.
Griffith’s Island Reserve
Also known as mutton bird island, where thousands of mutton birds nest from September to April. A walk of the island can be done, where you can see plenty of nests and wonderful views of Port Fairy’s coastline.